Friday 9 November 2012

Filiming day 4


Location: My house
Time: 6:10pm - 7:30
Duration: 1:45mins


Today we filmed at my house. This scene involves only the performance based aspect of my entire music video, however this interlinks with the narrative, due to the fact that it involves Bemi upset and uneasy about her relationship. I instructed Bemi to mime the entire song in about four to five different positions within two locations,

Evidently from my takes, it presents Bemi filmed in several angles and types of shots, some of these shots will be used in my music video.

Unfortunately I had to film on my iPhone yet again because my digital camera was not filming for as long as it needed to, and more over it kept on pausing and starting whilst I was still filming, therefore I had to result back to my alternative (iPhone)
I experienced numerous problems when I was filming with Bemi. When she was miming along to the song, at times, she was miming to fast, or too slow. This is a problem that I am going to have to tackle in my editing.
However in contrast I was pleased with Bemis' facial expressions, as they interlinked with the lyrics for example when the lyrics boomed 'I do not need you...' Bemi 'shook' her head as if she was saying no to 'Lewis'
The major problem I en counted today during filming is that Bemi had changed her hair style into twists, compared to her hair before that was straight. However I liked the idea of the twists because it could be used to connote the disorganization of her relationship, in the narrative of my music video. In addition, when I watch female solo R&b/Soul music videos, they hardly ever have one hair style in their music videos, they always mix and match their hair styles, so in a way I thought this was beneficial.

Scene 4

Time: 7:35 - 8:00
Duration: 25mins



After I filmed this scene I headed over to Joshuas house, because I wanted to film a close up of him walking on the street. This relates to the narrative of my music video, for Bemi believes that she is seeing her ex (Lewis) where as it was just a 'stranger' on the road. Initially I was meant to film this scene in the same location as scene 1, as it will be easier create the changing faces of Lewis and Joshua. However Joshua refused to leave his house without payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment