Monday 5 November 2012

lighting, makeup, costumes, location Scene 3

SCENE 3 - NARRATIVE
This scene involves Bemi and Lewis acting as if they re in love, and just enjoying their relationships together. Also, they are going to present themselves arguing, and being upset with each other, and possibly physical violence.This will be associated with the 'flashback' parts when I edit my music video. Where Bemi remembers the good times and the bad times, before Lewis became a 'Stranger' to her.
Lewis
Costumes

Bemi



















Above is what I have informed my female actor (Bemi) and my male actor (Lewis) to wear on the filming our next filming date. The theme is casual, any other day outfit, for the location is indoors (house).The majority of my target audience voted that the fashion and clothing of an Artist are the most important factor in an R&B music video.
I have chosen a turquoise colour for my female 'artist' to wear, because this colour connotes an emotional imbalance. This heavily relates to the narrative of my music video. There is no specific colour scheme in this scene as it will be filmed at night time, so therefore, a colour scheme may not be as effective towards the audience as much as I want it to be.

I have challenged the stereotypical codes and conventions of an R&B music video, in terms of the female expectations. I have not exposed her, for as Laura Muvley suggested that this is purely for a Male Gaze. I avoided this convention, however I dressed my female ;artist' quite sexy in a tight pencil skirt, and a pet plum style top, just to have her right to dress up and be sexually attractive, which supports the Post Feminism female gaze approach.
In contrast I have followed the stereotypical codes and conventions of a male featuring in an R&B music video, as I have appointed him to wear , a hoodie and baggy jeans with trainer these all represent an urban aspect in the R&B genre, however I will not be having him go topless, which is commonly presented in an R&B music video.

Location
Underneath is where I intend to shoot scene 3. I will be shooting this scene in Bemis house, however it will be represented as Lewis's house. I have chosen to position the scene in Lewis's house because he is the more'dominant' gender to Bemi, by doing this I am challenging the Feminist approach/movement in the 1960's 70's.










Makeup and Hair




Towards the left are famous R&B singers, Kelly Rowland and Beyonce, who were in a band with Michell also, They were known as Destiny's Child. They are both seen as very iconic, to many
 young people, as her their music is very inspiring to many. They represent Independence, and aim to try and influence Independence to young women. This is the ideal make up I have for Bemi to use in my music video, however because Bemi doesn't have the same structure and skin as Kelly Rowland I will be improvising, as I achieve the look. The main reason I chose this look is because of the use of the red lipstick. Kelly's makeup is quite subtle, with an empowering red lip stick.. I have chosen for Bemi to wear Red lipstick, for it connotes love, anger, danger, which is heavily related to the narrative in my music video (she is in love, and gets heartbroken). Moreover I have chosen that Bemi should have her hair tied back into a ponytail, to enhance her facial features, and bring out the red lipstick more.I did find out from my secondary research of usual codes and conventions of an R&B music video,involves various different hairstyles in one music video.
I am conforming to the stereotypes of females in a music video, for I am presenting the artist (Bemi) as quite a sexual object, however you can argue that I am trying to present Bemi, as a strong female, dominating the video with her passion for love, (relates to the narrative) this can be easily agreed by the post feminists of today. In addition this can also be explained by Andrew Godwins theory which can be seen as the development of the star Bemi over time in relation to the Post feminist perspective of the changing views of women being represented in music videos

No comments:

Post a Comment