Saturday 22 September 2012

My Chosen SOng

Today I have carefully scouted Youtube, and I have now officially found a song, that captured my imaginative ability; in other words, I have found a song that I can create a successful music video to.
The song I have chosen is Jhene Aiko - Stranger. Jhene Aiko Efuru Chilombo is an American Singer - Song writer. She was formerly signed to T.U.G./Epic Records but left to continue her education. On December 2011 jhene signed a recording contract with No I.D.'s record label Artium distributed through Def Jam Recordings.

The genre of my chosen song is R&B, however it has been suggested online, that it can also be referred to as Soul. In the next following days, I am going to research the codes and conventions of the R&B and Soul, genre (I have already obtained some in my secondary research), and also I shall also include my own unique ideas onto my own interpretation of the song into the planning of my music video.

There are many reasons I have chosen this song, I am going to reveal those reasons.
Firstly, I chose a song by Jhene Aiko because she is a mainstream singer so therefore her songs are not that known to the population compared to other famous R&B artists like Beyonce. I believe that using Jhene Aikos song will benefit my music video, due to the fact that my target audience will have no set expectations or ideas to what my music video should look like, where as If I chose a song by Beyonce, I assume that my target audience will compare, and criticise my  video immensely as it will not be as of the same standards as Beyonce's music videos.
I am a big fan of Jhene Aikos songs, so therefore I do believ that I can productively include my set thoughts and ideas into the planning and production of my music video, with the help of my audience's opinion also (I learnt from doing my music magazine, that giving your target audience a say will be benefit for your final product). This will be valuable if I conclude to implement a narrative base music video.
However in doing everything there are always drawbacks. By choosing a song that I am really familiar with, this can be disadvantageous becuase I caould potentially get carried away with MY opinions and my input which can therefore lead to me ignoring what my task is actually asking me to achieve. To avoid this, I am going to constantly remind myself of the purpose of the task, and actively update my blog, regarding the decisions I will be making.

Lyrics

Verse 1

Yeah yeah, ah

Similar ways, similar game

Starting to feel the similar pain

Are you sure we haven't met before?

I know your face, I know your name

But I don't know you?

Isn't that crazy? isn't that crazy?


[Hook 1]

I think we may be

In a different book

On a different page

You said you are different

But you're the same

Stranger


[Hook 2]

I can not tell you

How many there have been

That were just like you

I do not need you

Cause you're just like them


[Hook 3]

I meet em' everyday...

They all seem to be the same

Lame. okay?

I meet em' everyday...

They all seem to be the same

It's strange

Ah


[Verse 2:]

Familiar time, familiar place

Starting to feel the familiar shame

Cause I know what you have come here for

You know my name, you know my face

But you don't know me

You must be crazy+

Or I must be crazy. or is it maybe...


I've been here times before and

I've said yes, meaning no but oh...

A lot of shit has changed

Lot of shit has changed

Lot-lot of shit has changed


[Hook 2:]

Didn't I tell you

What all the rest have done?

They were just like you

They have all tried to

No comments:

Post a Comment