Sunday 30 September 2012

Audience feedback - Primary research

Today I played my chosen music video (Jhene Aiko - Stranger) to my entire media class. Which is a class of about 15 females ranging from the age 17-18 years old. This is beneficial for me, as from my secondary research the popular target audience for the R&B and soul genre were females around that age range also
I handed small squared paper to my entire class, for them to hand write the emotions they felt when they listened to my chosen song. I Then I collected them when the song was finished. Below are the common responses I received. 
This is my brainstorm of the most popular responses. My feedback states that my music video, should involve 'Night time/ Dark scenes' whilst involving 'Lonely walks.' My audience also suggests that my artist should be 'depressed' 'all in white.' Moreover the brainstorm suggests that the theme of my music video should involve a 'relationship/couple,' which links to 'Love,' also. I believe that my audience feedback was helpful, in terms of the narrative base aspect within my music video, this method of research, has given me greater insight of what my audience expect to see in my music video

No comments:

Post a Comment