Friday 28 September 2012

Questionnaire


Today I handed out my questionnaire to 20 pupils in my sixth form. I previously constructed this questionnaire in my media lesson. I decided that I will be handing out my questionnaire to 10 males and 10 females, to reduce a bias outcome within my results and also increase equality in chance. I decreased my questions down to seven questions, because I noticed as I watched my peers hand out their questionnaires around the common room, students were in a rush to complete their assignments, and were not enthusiastic to complete questionnaires that were going to be eliminating precious time that could be spent else where on their assignments, this produced reduced truthful opinions, and rushed answers because they could not be bothered to read the questions properly. For example I was speaking to my classmate Funmi, and one of her questions asked 'What gender are you?' and one of her feedback revealed an answer of 'NO.' I believe that this was due to the fact that they had rushed the questionnaire, therefore not reading the questions properly.
I decided to use close questions because, it provides quantitative data, which is clearly easier to analyse and come to a fair conclusion. It provides me with narrow data, which is closely more focused on my task.

From looking and analysing my secondary research, I have gathered that my target audience for an R&B music video should be mainly teenagers/young adults, between the ages of 13-25. It has been thought that this age range is acceptable because of the explicit lyrics in some of the songs; For example Jhene Aikos' song Stranger includes the word 'S***.' The target audience of an R&B successfully targets the female audience mainly; It is usually because female R&B artists stereotypically make songs about being in love or heartbroken - This is something that will appeal greatly to teenage girls and young adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment