Friday 26 October 2012

Filming day 1

Scene:1
Location: Hither green
Time: 5:10pm - 7:30
Duration: 1:45mins
Total amount of breaks: 0

Today I filmed scene 1 in hither green .  Unfortunately my my video camera that I was originally intending  to use to film my first scene broke, thankfully I have re ordered another camera online, however I am still awaiting for it to be delivered. Using my initiative I decided to use my replacement alternative, camera; my iPhone to record my music video, I am aware that the quality will not be great, however if I have extra time towards the end of the week, I hope to re record scene 1 all over again, as it was filmed when it was getting dark. and my additional lighting equipment was not as successful in brightening up the location. I think that my biggest downfall to the success of my music video is the season; for we are in the autumn period, and unfortunately it gets dark very quickly. Moreover because I am in full time education, my available filming times are mostly after school, and the weekend, which is not conveniently long enough, for me to meet the day time period.
Reverting back to my primary research, it presents to me that my audience  preferred my music video to be a narrative based video involving a male and a female. This is why I have decided to use Lewis and Bemi in this scene. This scene is also known as the 'come across' scene where Bemi comes across Lewis (her ex boyfriend) on the road, however it turns out to just be a random stranger. Moreover my target audience elected that the 'lighting' is the least important factor in an R&B music video.
 I am unfortunately still scouting for another male actor who can be the 'second face' of Lewis. Hopefully by the end of this week I would have found him. I am going to make numerous of phone calls to my male friends, I will explain the aims of my coursework, and what I expect of him, in my music video, with the hope of him granting me his permission, and his willingness to be involved in my music video.
My actors were very co operative, however at times they did find it difficult to consistently concentrate, not laugh, and follow directions effectively and appropriately. In my next shoot, I will be more assertive as a director, by placing great emphasis on time, and directions expected.
However in contrast I believe that it was a successful day of filming, in terms of the fact that there were very minimal disturbances, at the location, and my actors performed extremely well, moreover they had great connection in front of the camera.
 My plans for my future filming sessions is to film a short scene of Kevin just walking past Bemi. When I am editing this scene I hope to present the 'come across' scene to my audience Lewis's face and Joshua's face, in the same position and frame, to make it look as if they are 'one' in the point of view of Bemis imagination by continuous editing.
Below is a snap shot from my real footage:

No comments:

Post a Comment