Sunday 28 October 2012

lighting, makeup, costumes, location Scene 2

Scene  2
This scene just briefly involves  the couple Bemi and Lewis having a good time in the arcade, this scene involves laughing facial expressions, smiles, and just generally enjoying each others company. However this scene also involves, anger, and arguments with both of them. This related to the lyrics of my music video.
Time line
Costumes
Below is what I have informed my female actor (Bemi) and my male actor (Lewis) to wear on the following filming date The theme is casual, effortless dressing, for this scene. I have chosen for Bemi to wear a checkered shirt, to connote confusion and uncertainty of her relationship with Lewis, however on the other hand I have chosen for her to wear this because of the busy scene in the arcade, I want her to stand out from the dark background in the arcade. The leggings, jacket and beanie hat, are all black I chose this colour,as the majority of my target audience said that they will expect to see black clothing in my music video. (evident in the results from my primary research)
The majority of my target audience voted that the fashion and clothing of an Artist are the most important factor in an R&B music video.

Location and Lighting
Above is Surrey quays arcade. I have chosen this location because I was inspired by Rihanna 'We found love video' which represents Rihanna in her relationship, there is mass confusion in  her relationship, which features love and hate scenes with her partner. I am aware that arcades are often really busy on the weekend, which is why I have decided to film in the weekday, which I assume, it may not be as busy. I have already gained permission to use this location, when me and Bemi went there to ask whilst we attended our friends birthday, and the manager granted us his permission, as long as we don't exceed our filming period on each game, so that others can also use it. If for some reason we cannot use this location I have decided that we should just film in the Bowling alley, which is inside the arcade, but is on the opposite side, that way Bemi and Lewis can play bowling whilst acting as if they re in love and hate each other. I have decided to bring my flash flight for additional lighting for I am aware that the arcade will be dark
Hair and Make up
I have decided that Bemi's make up should be as natural as it can be, to connote her innocence in their relationship, and to contradict the busy-ness in the arcade location. However this challenges the codes and conventions of a R&B music video, as they usually wear heavy make up to stand out.  She will have no evident eye make up, to increase the realism of a effortless day out with her boyfriend towards the audience.  Bemi will have a beanie hat on, with her hair coming down on both sides. This is to moreover emphasise her natural make up and her casual outfit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment