Thursday 18 October 2012

Potential Actors & Shortlist

Today I made numerous phone calls. On the phone I explained the purpose of my phone call, by explaining  what was expected in my media coursework. I managed to get hold of 6 potential actors for my music video. I have assessed their potential credibility to acquire my role. For my music video I will be needing one boy and one girl.
I called my friends and associates: Paris, Ramel, Nisha, Victoria, Bemi and Lewis.
Underneath are 'Instagram' pictures of my potential actors.
Name: Nisha
Age: 18
    Ethnicity: Mixed Black and Chinese
     In Full Time Education  
Name: Paris
Age 18
Ethnicity: Mixed Black Caribbean and White
In Full Time Education
Name: Ramel
Age: 17
Ethnicity: Black Caribbean
Part time employed and Part time in education
Name: Victoria
Age: 17
Ethnicity: Black African
In full time education
Name: Lewis
Age: 18
Ethnicity: Mixed Black Caribbean and White
Unemployed and Not in Education

Name: Bemi
Age: 18
Ethnicity: Black African
Not in full time education
                            This picture above was found on facebook. It is of Bemi and Lewis.


I have been looking through my potential cast members. I have taken into account the their looks, and they all potentially fit the R&B Soul genre. It is common that actors in a music video are often from some sort of a Black origin or ethnicity. I have also taken into account their availability. and it seems that Nisha Paris and Victoria are all in full time education.; This clearly suggests that they may not be fully available or be dedicated to my music video 100%, that is why I have decided to remove them from my potential cast list, as they may not be as available. Ramel declined my proposition, as he says he doesn't want to be on camera or be viewed by any others.,



I have come to the light that Bemi and Lewis are currently not in full time education so therefore they are going to be more available and therefore be more dedicated to the production of my music video. I have arranged filming dates, on a time table. The green highlighted boxes represent the days that filming is meant to take place, and my actors Bemi and Lewis are expected to be present, as most of the filming dates are in the half term also. I have gained verbal consent from both of them over the phone, explaining that my music video will be shown to the examiners, and my media teachers, and they have agreed to allow me to use them as my actors

Bemi and Lewis will be excellent for the role of my actors. The narrative involves a love story behind a couple, and as seen from the picture above, Bemi and Lewis seem like they have a natural connection in front of the camera. I hope that this will be conveyed in my music video, to create realism towards my audience.








30th October 2012 (update)
So far, my filming schedule has not been followed effectively, either one of my actors are unable to meet the date, or both of them, family crisis. I am struggling to re schedule dates, however I am trying to film as much as I can in one day so that my actors are satisfied.


No comments:

Post a Comment