Monday 3 December 2012

Analysing my questionnaire


FRONT COVER
For question one I asked my target audience what name best suited an R&B/Soul Female solo artist. Evidently from my questionnaire results it presents that 5/10 people prefer the stage name 'Lola Cruz' I am happy  with this result because, it was also most voted for when I was constructing my music magazine for the R&B music magazine. So therefore my artist must now be called 'Lola Cruz'

For question two I asked my target audience what colours they would prefer to see on an R&B/Soul album cover. Evidently it shows that the most voted for colours were White, and Grey/Silver. I am happy with the colour white, because white connotes innocence; this relates to the narrative of my music video, and silver especially connotes wealth which heavily relates to the R&B genre. I intend for 'Lola' to wear a white attire, for my album cover. And moreover, I intend her to wear silver jewellery. 




 For question three I asked my target audience what facial expressions they would expect a female solo R&B/Soul artist to be showing.  Evidently from my research it shows that my target audience prefer ‘Lola Cruz’ to be showing a combination of a ‘serious face’ and ‘seductive face.’ receiving 4 votes each. This supports the usual conventions of a female artist where Laura Mulvey suggests that women connote to-be-looked-at-ness and are the object of the male gaze, as my female artist is expected to be presenting a ‘seductive’ facial expression.
To make use of my results I will be directing ‘Lola Cruz’ to apply a combination of a seductive and serious face, to satisfy my target viewers and the ‘male gaze’.

For question four I asked my target audience what font and lettering would you expect to see in an R&B/Soul album cover?’ It is evident and clear from my graph that my target audience prefer the ‘Simple italic’ font/lettering as it received 5 /10 votes. Therefore to apply this to my album cover I will be featuring the artists name ‘Lola Cruz’ and the album name ‘Stranger’ in a simple italic font, throughout, as I will be implementing the portrait based theme and therefore the image should be the most important feature.




For question five I asked my target audience what background would you prefer to see an R&B/Soul artist to be within?’ It is evident from my graph that the majority voted for a white background as it received 7/10 votes in total. I am extremely pleased with my results because from my research especially it most of the R&B/Soul artists were positioned in front of a white background. This is heavily beneficial for my portrait based concept, as it will make the artist ‘Lola Cruz’ stand out, which meets the audiences demand. According to Richard Dyers theory, by doing this ‘the star is a commodity’

 Lastly for question six, I asked my target audience what type of shot you would expect an R&B/Soul solo artist to be shown in.’ Evidently from my results presented on my graph it shows that the majority of my target audience voted for the ‘close up’ as it received 7/10 votes. I am extremely pleased with my results because from my secondary research over fifty percent of the album covers that I analysed featured close ups of the artists face, which moreover heavily benefits the portrait based idea, which I hoped to be implementing on my album cover. By applying a close up shot on my album cover, ‘Lola Cruz’s ‘ facial expressions, are now valuable  and it is important that I direct her well enough to capture an attention grabbing shot.


BACK COVER

First I asked my target audience what font and lettering would you expect to see in an R&B/Soul album back cover? It is clear from my bar graph that the majority of my target audience voted for ‘elegant swirls’ I am happy with my results, because this font endorse femininity, which is beneficial as my artist is a female.


 
Secondly, I asked my target audience would you prefer to see an R&B/Soul artist to be within. It is clear that from my results in the bar graph, it presents to me that the majority (8/10) of my target chose that ‘Lola Cruz’ should be placed behind a white background, which is similar to the front cover. am extremely pleased with my results because from my research especially it most of the R&B/Soul artists were positioned in front of a white background.  This is beneficial as it will make the artist ‘Lola Cruz’ stands out, which meets the audiences demand. According to Richard Dyers theory, by doing this ‘the star is a commodity’

Thirdly for question three, I asked my target audience what type of shot you would expect an R&B/Soul solo artist to be shown in.’ Evidently from my results presented on my graph it shows that the majority of my target audience voted for the ‘close up’ as it received 6/10 votes. I am extremely pleased with my results because from my secondary research over fifty per cent of the album covers that I analysed featured close ups of the artists face, By applying a close up shot on my album cover, ‘Lola Cruz’s ‘ facial expressions, are now valuable and it is important that I direct her well enough to capture an attention grabbing shot


Lastly I asked my target audience ‘how many song titles would you expect to see on the back cover.’ Evidently from my bar graph it is obvious to me that 10/10 of my target audience would prefer to see at least 5+ song titles. I am extremely pleased with my results, as it is ideal for any genre album to have 5+ songs (evidently from my secondary research). Therefore, I will be coming up with at least 5 and more song titles to include on the back cover of my album.

 INSIDE COVERS  - LEFT AND RIGHT
I have decided to use continuity editing from the results from my results from the front cover and back cover.
Firstly the font I will be using, must be similar or even the same as what I have used in th front and/or back cover. This is because I want  to ...
The background I will be using in te inside of my album cover, will be symetical to the background I have used on the opposite side. For example If the back cover uses a white background, I will also be using a white background, on the inner right hand cover. To elaborate on  this I noticed that when I researched 'digipaks' often the images were similar throughout, the entire cases, this presented to me continuity, which I will be applying in my own cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment