Monday 3 December 2012

Questionnaire Digipak

Questionnaire FRONT COVER

Questionnaire (Album Cover)
       What name do you think best suits an R&B/Soul female solo artist?
      La’La Songz
      Jesse Keyz
     Asia Cruz
     Lola Cruz
What colours would you associate with R&B/ Soul Female Solo artists’ album cover? (tick two)
      Black
     White
     Blue
     Yellow/ Gold
     Grey / Silver
     Other (state)

       What facial expressions would you expect a Female Solo R&B/Soul artist to be showing? 
       Happy e.g. Smiling
       Serious face e.g.
<    No expression (straight face)
       Seductive
What font and lettering would you expect to see in an R&B/Soul album cover?
      Big and Bold 
      Elegant swirls - 
      Simple italics –
      Groovy and fancy – 

     What background would you prefer to see an R&B/Soul artist to be within?
      White Background
      Any other coloured Background
     In a Location

      What type of shot would you expect an R&B/Soul solo artist to be shown in?
      Close up
      Medium Shot
      Long Shot

___________________________________________________________________________________
Reasons Why…?
Question 1:
I have asked my target audience ‘what name do you think best suits an R&B/Soul female solo artist’? Because I wanted to gain an insight, I was quite indecisive about what name best suited an R&B/Soul Solo artist. However due to the completion of my music magazine, I did have a brief idea about R&B solo artists names, in relation to my music magazine my artist was called ‘Lola Cruz’ I have also decided to include this in my questionnaire as one of the options available to vote for in question 1. I gathered the idea of ‘La’La Songz’ from famous R&B singer- song writer, and record producer Trey ‘Songz’ who sold over 14million albums and singles worldwide. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Songz). ‘Jesse Keyz’ was brought about from another well known famous R&B (Female) singer – song writer and actress Alicia ‘Keyz’, selling over 12 million records worldwide. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_keys). Lastly Asia Cruz; is a real name of a famous R&B mainstream singer (Asia Cruise). I have chosen these selections in the hope that my target audience will sense the origins of the name and therefore then select in their best opinion the most suitable stage name for my artist.

Question 2:
I asked my target audience ‘what colours would you associate with R&B/ Soul Female Solo artists’ album cover? I asked this question because I wanted to gain an insight into what colours my target audience would associate with my chosen genre, and moreover, I asked this question because I wanted to understand the codes/conventions they may associate with the R&B/Soul genre, which additionally ma prevents confusion in identifying the genre of my album cover, if they were to see it in a retail store like HMV (thinking in context)

Question 3:
For question three I asked my target audience ‘what facial expressions would you expect a Female Solo R&B/Soul artist to be showing? I asked this question because I wanted to expand my knowledge into what my target audience would normally associate with an R&B/Soul album cover, in relation to a female artist. I gathered my options from my secondary research which where I analyzed album covers by R&B female artists. These were the most common facial expressions that I observed.

Question 4:
I asked my target audience ‘What font and lettering would you expect to see in an R&B/Soul album cover?’ I asked this question to understand which font and lettering my target audience best believe suits my chosen genre R&B/Soul. In addition I will be informing them the chosen name of my album cover which is ‘STRANGER’.


Question 5:
I asked my target audience ‘What background would you prefer to see an R&B/Soul artist to be within?’  It is important that I acquire more knowledge about what background my artist should be positioned upon, as this will increase the realism of my album cover. Most of my secondary research has presented artists in an artificial background, rarely in a location.

Question 6:
I asked my target audience ‘what type of shot would you expect an R&B/Soul solo artist to be shown in?’ I only included a selection of three shots (close, medium and long ) because these shots are often more present in most portrait based albums covers and portrait based album covers are arguably often used in R&B/Soul. Moreover I only involved three shot types, because I am not that sure whether non - media students will fully understand the differentiation between the other shots types for example the canted shot. By doing this, this can improve the reliability of my feedback/data as my target audience are more likely to answer my questionnaire truthfully.

Questionnaire BACK COVER
What font and lettering would you expect to see the song titles in an R&B/Soul album back cover?
 Big and Bold e.g. Example One
Elegant swirls - Example One
Simple italics – Example One
Groovy and fancy – Example One

What background would you prefer to see an R&B/Soul artist to be within?
White Background
Any other coloured Background
In a Location

What type of shot would you expect an R&B/Soul solo artist to be shown in?
Close up
Medium Shot
Long Shot

How many song titles would you expect to see on the back cover?
1-3
3-5
5+
Reasons Why…?


I asked my target audience ‘What font and lettering would you expect the song titles in an R&B/Soul album cover?’ I asked this question to understand which font and lettering my target audience best believe suits my chosen genre R&B/Soul.
I asked my target audience ‘What background would you prefer to see an R&B/Soul artist to be within on the back cover? It is important that I acquire more knowledge about what background my artist should be positioned upon, as this will increase the realism of my album cover. Most of my secondary research has presented artists in an artificial white background, rarely in a location.

I asked my target audience ‘what type of shot would you expect an R&B/Soul solo artist to be shown in?’ I only included a selection of three shots (close, medium and long ) because these shots are often more present in most portrait based albums covers and portrait based album covers are arguably often used in R&B/Soul. Moreover I only involved three shot types, because I am not that sure whether non - media students will fully understand the differentiation between the other shots types for example the canted shot. By doing this, this can improve the reliability of my feedback/data as my target audience are more likely to answer my questionnaire truthfully.

I asked my target audience 'how many song titles would you expect to see on the back cover?' I asjed this questionbecause it is beneficial for me to know how many song/titles, my target audience usually see on the back of album covers. I am fully aware that there are often 5+ song titles on album covers, so therefore I am hoping that the majority of my target audience vote for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment