Saturday 8 December 2012

Planning the photoshoot

Costumes
This is what my artist is going to be wear; A white vest top. The colour is white because it received the maximum vote from my questionnaire in my primary research. Because the shot is going to involve a close up, what she wears beneath isn't really a big concern as it will not be shown. The colour white connotes purity, and innocence, which relates to the texts/ album name 'stranger'. Moreover it interlinks with the narrative of my music video 'stranger- by Jhene Aiko' as she is a innocent girl in a relationship who gets her heart broken. According to Andrew Godwin this forms a relationship between the lyrics and the visuals. 



As an alternative outfit, I have decided to appoint my artist 'Lola Cruz'  to wear during the photoshoot. I have chosen this outfit because it is quite revealing and it can be worn to be sexy. By doing this I am conforming to the idea of the Male Gaze where male viewers are more likely to recive erotic pleasures gained from looking at a sexual object, Lola Cruz can be identified as the sexual object, for her presence is solely for display on her album cover. Moreover according to Laura Mulvey she suggests that women dressed in this way are purely for a Male Gaze
which is often present in the R&B genre. However 'Lola' can be identified in this outfit, as a strong independent woman, for laced clothing can represnt power and femininitywhich supports the most recent suggestions in the feminist approach where women started to assert their rights to dress sexually attractive.  
Location
My photo shoot is going to take place in front of a white backgorund. I have chosen this location beacuse it was most voted for in my questionnaire. This is beneficial because it will allow my artist 'Lola' to stand out against the white background









Makeup

I decided to use this natural make up because is  I believer it nnocent which heavily relates to the narrative of my music video, where Bemi is innocent in her relationship. However my choice challenges the usual stereotypical conventions of an R&B album cover, where they have heavy makeup, however it does conform to the stereotypical conventions of the soul genre where female solo artists have natural makeup







Hair
Draws attention to facial features
Connotes a sophisticated but natural look
Narcissism, underdue concrn with fashion

No comments:

Post a Comment