Saturday 8 December 2012

My album / Dgiak cover Idea





Image: In my album front cover, I will have a close up of the artists face in the middle of the cover, this is because I have decided to implement the Portrait based cover, where the artist is the main focus on the cover. This therefore forces the viewer to look direct;y at the face on the cover, 'Lola Cruz'
The viewers will therefore be forced to look directly at the face on the cover, helping them to focus completely on them with no distraction.
Female stars are often referred to glamorous and attractive , therefore they are seen as 'eye candy' to appease the male gaze of the male audience. When I do take my photographs I hope to achieve a successful picture where my artist can be seen as 'eye candy' to appeal the male gaze of the male audience
David Gauntlett argues that in contemporary society gender roles are more complex and that the media reflects this. He points out that female role models today are often glamorous as well as successful in a way that previously they were not. He states that much of thus is due to the rise of 'girl power' and 'women independence  in the media, though identities constructed by 'women independence. I believe that the rise in girl power has increased in our society today, due to the movement of feminists asserting their independence. This assertion has recently been increasing in the R&B/Soul genre, for example the release of Beyonce Single Ladies, which I believe is promoting independence in females, Moreover even though their main demographics are young females, they dress and illustrate themselves in a manner that will attract the  male gender towards them as well. This helps to increase awareness and widen their audience.


Album Name & Artist Name : One convention I noticed in my secondary research (portrait based album covers) is that the album name is often either small compared to the image or it is written in fine text.
The majority of my target audience wanted the font and lettering to be simple . I have purposely placed the text on the bottom right hand corner of the page, this is because I would prefer to focus completely on the artist, rather than the texts. I discovered this technique from my album cover research of Solo artists using the Portrait based cover.


After the research of what a digipak was, I then drew up another plan for the two other boards to create...


No comments:

Post a Comment