Saturday 8 December 2012

Photoshoot Results & Analysis for my digipak

Photo shoot
Location : In my house behind a white wall
                 And In another location in my house
Duration: 30mins

Today I did my photo shoot, in my house. Unfortunately my original artist Bemi, explained to me that she could no longer be available throughout the entire week and possibly for two extra weeks due to personal issues, as a 'director' I had to use my initiative  and instinctively find an alternative who could replace Bemi. I decided to use my back up 'Temi' who was very willing to be a model for my album cover, and my magazine advert. I explained the process of my coursework,  and I allowed her to watch my edited music video so far, she fully understood the narrative of the music video and  moreover she understood what I expected from her.

My photo shoot, took the course of 2 days within one whole week (Saturday and  Wednesday) This was because on the Saturday that I intended to do my photo shoot behind a white wall, however the room in my house where there was a white wall in my house, was under reconstruction, so therefore instead of cancelling my photo shoot, I just carried it out regardless. 

Saturday Photo shoot
Evidently from my primary research (questionnaire) my target audience expected to see close ups, therefore I decided to take all my pictures as close ups, because I do not want to ignore my target audiences opinion. Moreover the majority of my target audience voted for my 'Lola Cruz' to have a 'Serious& Seductive' facial expression. 
One issue that I experienced today was that Temi, was not quite able to achieve a serious seductive face, she had difficulties constructing the serious face. So therefore I instructed her to replace the 'serious' face with a smile. So unfortunately I have had to eliminate the choices made by target audience.

I followed my plan for my photo shoot effectively, as I ensured that Temi wore exactly what I intended her to wear. Evidently below Temi is wearing the laced top that I explained will be beneficial for my music video. 


I used my Apple iPhone 4S to take my photographs, I do believe that it did a successful job, because my pictures did not come out too dark, compared to the quality of my music video. I used the natural lighting in my house, because It was quite bright already so therefore my pictures came out bright.

Wednesday Photo Shoot
Today I constructed my photo shoot behind a white background in my house. Unfortunately Temi could not wear the same laced top because she had already taken it to the dry cleaners. So therefore I appointed her to wear another white top, because of the results from my questionnaire, One of the biggest issues I had, was that she had dyed her hair red, and cut her hair also. This is why I have decided to use the Wednesday pictures for my magazine advert, because it will contrast the first pictures I had previously taken, and therefore decrease the realism of my album cover.
I still used my iPhone 4S to take my pictures again because I believe that it was successful in my first photo shoot

I believe that I achieved that natural look, by just using minimal make up and nude lipstick, to connote 'Lola Cruz's' innocence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment