Saturday 8 December 2012

My photoshoot. Pictures

I like this close up because Temi has 100% eye contact with the audience  this creates a sense of involvement between the audience, and the album cover. Temi achieved the seductive look in her eyes, this is beneficial because the majority of my target audience suggested that this was the facial expression they expect to see in an R&B/Soul genre album cover.
I believe that the 'cheek piercing' and the 'nose piercing' conforms to the stereotypical conventions of the R&B genre, due to the fact that the artists always promote their jewels. Silver often connotes wealth, which is also the qualities of an artist. Unfortunately you can see a lot of imperfections on her face, so therefore if I decide to use this shot, I will edit this picture, possibly I will use the 'air brush' tool to give her a flawless look.


I like this subtle high angled close up of Temi because yet again she has good eye contact with the audience, which makes them feel involved and therefore may potentially be interested my album cover.
I believe that the close up, enhances Temis facial expressions, which is beneficial in a Portrait Based album cover, which I will be implementing. As my chosen colour scheme involves the colour white, this is why she is wearing white, to promote innocence, and also due to the votes from my questionnaire.

I like this medium close up of Temi, for many reasons,
Firstly I like  the body position of Temi because she is 'flaunting' her outfit, by positing her body away from the camera whilst raising up her shoulder. The idea that she is flaunting her outfit is a common convention in especially R&B album covers, (evidently from my secondary research). In contrast Temi has her face tilted towards the camera whilst engaging the audience with her excellent eye contact, moreover Temis facial expression is very seductive, which according to Laura Mulvey Temi is an object for the Male Gaze. However due to the movement of feminists where they began to question their purpose in the media, Temi can also be identified as an object for the Female Gaze, where other females can look up to her. 
The silver background connotes wealth and glamour which are very common characteristics in especially the R&B genre. Moreover, the silver background enhances her brown skin, which therefore makes her stand out.
To conclude I will be definitely using this shot for the front cover of my album because of all these characteristics.
Applying theory into this image, it has been said that female stars must be glamorous and attractive, therefore they are seen as 'eye candy' to appease the male gaze of the male audience,

have 


I like this medium close up of Temi because she has no direct eye contact with the audience, which relates to the name of her album 'stranger', this is beneficial because the audience will perceive her as a stranger, because she has no involvement with the audience.
The use of the white background, allows Temi to stand out and be the main focus towards the audience.

I like this medium shot because Temi has excellent eye contact with the audience, therefore it may make them feel more involved.
I like the fact that Temi stands out from the white background, therefore she is the main focus towards the target audience.

I like this medium shot of Temi, because Temi once again has excellent eye contact with the audience Temi has her face tilted towards the camera whilst engaging the audience, in addition, Temis sorrowful facial epxression, relates to the narrative of my music video, where she is sad, and hopeless. This is beneficial for the audience to relate to her, and engage empathy towards her. Therefore beneficial for the uses and gratification theory/

I will not be using this high angled shot of Temi because there is a shadow on her face,and this will be extremely difficult to photo shop to remove the shadow


Similarly to the image above there is also a shadow on her face, so therefore I will reject the use of this image in my task

No comments:

Post a Comment